Injuries from Accidents
Accidents happen; it's part of life. But if you're injured because of someone else's negligence, you have the right to seek compensation for your pain and suffering and any expenses you incur, such as lost wages and medical bills. If you're injured in an accident or because of the negligence of someone else, there are some important steps that you should take:
- If possible, get as much information about the person responsible for the accident.
- If you're in a car accident, get the driver's name, address, car tag, and driver's license information, as well as their insurance information.
- If you fall on someone's property, try to get the address and the name of the owner.
- Call the police if appropriate.
- Get medical treatment.
- Keep all paperwork that you're given.
In addition to these steps, contact an attorney as soon as possible. There are strict time periods, called a statute of limitations, to file your claim.
If you have been injured in an accident, L. Theodore Hoppe, Jr., Esquire — Attorney at Law, would be glad to discuss your case and aggressively pursue all your claims. We will work to make sure that you receive all of the benefits to which you are entitled, as well as full compensation for your injuries.
Finding an Experience Pennsylvania Personal Injury Attorney
At L. Theodore Hoppe, Jr., Esquire — Attorney at Law, we've offered estate planning, elder law, family law, and business law to help people prepare for accidents, illnesses, or death for over 30 years. Contact our estate planning law firm if you need an estate planning attorney or personal injury lawyer in Media, Pennsylvania. I serve clients in Delaware, Montgomery, Chester, Berks, and Bucks counties and cities, including Philadelphia, Media, Norristown, and West Chester.